Tuesday, July 8, 2008

religion.

why is it that all the ones who say "i hate religion" are the most religious people out there?


i think its just an excuse to complain...
and criticize and sometimes even hate.

when really, coming against religion the way we are so often encouraged to these days, is to actually embrace what religion truly is...


and its laid out for us. plain and clear.

James 1:27 
Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.


Bringing down religion is actually to  Love God and Love People-
not living to point out the faults of everyone and everything.


as pastor would say... 
just a thought.


1 comment:

nadinew said...

I hear what you are expressing. I do agree.
I also think there are so many deep layers beneath the words, "I hate religion," because I bet those words are mostly stated by those who have been hurt by the church. So that is perhaps why they also seem so critical and hateful...because they see the injustice that has been done and it becomes easy to hate with such a view. I have to gaurd myself from this, personally.

I think the "I hate religion" expressions are referring to Christianity being used as means to control...thus why they say they hate religion but still love God.

They love God but don't like the way religious leaders too often have manipulated people; have used rules and ideals to try control or contain into their own ways, rather than God's ways (whether they did this knowingly or without realizing it).

I think this is the cry that comes out of the angry statements of "I hate religion." I think words like these are signs of people who are hurting, and who have (thank God) been able to distinguish between God and the humans who said they were representing Him.

They're on a journey, hopefully they won't just stop at the jaded point. Hopefully they'll work through their pains and be the very ones who help to usher in a purer church! Where God is highest in practice, not just theory.